GOVERNANCE - COMMUNITY ROLE
THE ROLE OF THE GVR METROPOLITAN DISTRICT
Our role as the GVR Metropolitan District includes the following:
- Respond to changing dynamics in the community;
- Efficiently offer programs needed in the community that aren’t provided by others or that complements what others offer to meet the needs and wants of the immediate community;
- Plan and provide for high quality, environmentally responsible landscaping of many of the public common areas enjoyed by the community; and
- Continue to provide sound financial stewardship of taxpayer funds to continue reducing the debt and provide for solid District operations.
The primary benefits of utilizing a Colorado Special District include:
- Limited liability through the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act;
- The ability to use, among other income sources, property taxation to collect the cost of service on an equitable basis through income tax deductible means;
- Exemption of District property and activities from Colorado property, sales, and income taxes; and
- Governance by local elected officials;
- Enhancement of services provided that may not be provided by City or Town government;
The GVR Metropolitan District has put together and biannually examines and adjusts as needed a Strategic Plan for the organization. Please see the below link to download the 2009 Strategic Plan.